Missouri Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
HELPING VICTIMS OF PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS IN MISSOURI RECOVER THE MONETARY COMPENSATION THEY DESERVE
When pedestrians suffer an injury in an accident that involves a motor vehicle, they are likely to suffer serious injuries. This is because pedestrians typically do not have any outer protection from the elements, and when a motor vehicle strikes them, they can strike the ground or another vehicle and severely injure themselves in the process. When a motor vehicle collides with a pedestrian at a high rate of speed, the accident may even result in the pedestrian’s death.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a pedestrian accident that was caused by a negligent driver, you may have a right to pursue monetary compensation for the injuries that you suffered. The experienced pedestrian accident lawyers at the Montee Law Firm can determine what happened in your accident and can determine if you have a viable legal claim for damages. If so, our legal team can help you pursue monetary recovery for the injuries that you suffered in your accident.
Please give us a call today at (816) 364-1650 in Missouri or contact us online to learn more about how we can assist you with recovering the monetary compensation you deserve for the injuries you suffered in your pedestrian accident.
COMMON LOCATIONS AND CAUSES OF PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS
Theoretically, pedestrian accidents can occur almost anywhere – although they are more common in some locations than others. Some of the most common locations for pedestrian accidents include the following:
- Traffic intersections, including intersections that are controlled by pedestrian and traffic signals and which have designated crosswalks available for pedestrians
- Parking garages and parking lots – especially busy ones where traffic tends to be heavy
- Sidewalks that are near busy traffic intersections
When a motor vehicle collides with a pedestrian – especially at a high rate of speed – the fault usually rests (solely or primarily) with the motor vehicle operator. Some common causes of pedestrian accidents, including those that occur at or near busy traffic intersections, include the following:
- Distracted driving, such as when a motor vehicle operator diverts his or her attention away from the road to send or receive text messages – or to make a phone call without utilizing a hands-free cellular device.
- Dangerous driving, such as when a motor vehicle operator speeds, weaves in and out of traffic lanes without using a turn signal, tailgates, or otherwise fails to abide by the rules of the road, causing a pedestrian accident.
- Intoxicated driving, where a motor vehicle operator drives his or her vehicle while illegally under the influence of alcohol or drugs – such as where the driver is found to have a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 percent or higher. Intoxicated driving may cause the driver to lose control of his or her vehicle and negligently collide with a pedestrian.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a pedestrian accident, you should contact an experienced Missouri pedestrian accident lawyer about the legal options for your case.
INJURIES AND DAMAGES SUFFERED IN PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT CASES
When a motor vehicle operator violently collides with a pedestrian, the injuries which the pedestrian suffers in the accident can be devastating and sometimes deadly. For example, the collision with the pedestrian may knock the pedestrian to the ground and cause him or her to break a bone, suffer a traumatic head injury, or become paralyzed in the accident.
Assuming the motor vehicle operator was the cause of the accident, the injured pedestrian can pursue compensation for related medical expenses, lost earnings, pain, inconvenience, suffering, mental distress, and other damages. In cases where a pedestrian is killed as a result of a motor vehicle operator’s negligence, the decedent’s loved ones may be able to file a wrongful death claim against the at-fault driver.
SPEAK WITH A PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT LAWYER TODAY
Pedestrian accidents often occur without warning, and when they do, they can lead to serious injuries and damages for the involved pedestrians. If you or a person you love has been injured in a pedestrian accident, the knowledgeable legal team at the Montee Law Firm is ready to assist you with pursuing all of the damages that you need.
To schedule a free case evaluation and legal consultation with a Missouri pedestrian accident lawyer, please call us at (816) 364-1650 or contact us online to learn more about how we can help you pursue monetary recovery for your injuries.
FREE CASE CONSULTATION
No fee until we collect for you.
AUTO ACCIDENT TOPICS
AREAS OF PRACTICE