Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
HELPING VICTIMS OF CATASTROPHIC INJURIES PURSUE AND RECOVER THE COMPENSATION THEY NEED
Individuals who are involved in serious motor vehicle collisions, slip and falls, and work-related accidents are prone to suffering serious and catastrophic injuries. Catastrophic injuries often require long periods of medical treatment and sometimes complicated surgeries and other medical procedures to recover. Injured individuals may also have to undergo physical and occupational therapy and may have to miss long periods of time from work in order to recover from their injuries. In some serious cases, catastrophic injuries than an individual suffers in an accident may be permanent and may even prevent him or her from being able to function.
If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, then you may be able to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit against the at-fault person or entity. Even though money is a poor substitute for the loss of use or permanent impairment to a body part, it can still help to lessen the costs associated with your injury and bring you some form of closure. The knowledgeable legal team at the Montee Law Firm is ready to help you pursue the compensation that you need for your serious injury or injuries from which you suffered.
Please give us a call today at (816) 364-1650 or contact us online to learn more about how we can assist you with pursuing monetary compensation for a catastrophic accident and injuries.
TYPES OF ACCIDENTS THAT CAN LEAD TO CATASTROPHIC INJURIES
Serious accidents have the potential to cause innocent victims to suffer severe injuries. In many instances, catastrophic injuries result from the following types of accidents:
- High-speed motor vehicle collisions, including those that are caused by the drivers of large trucks, big rigs, and tractor-trailers
- Slip and fall accidents that occur on someone else’s premises
- Motorcycle and bicycle accidents where a motor vehicle operator negligently causes his or her vehicle to collide with the motorcycle or bicycle
- Accidents that take place at dangerous construction sites and which result from a fall or defective/malfunctioning construction equipment
- Injuries that result from botched medical procedures and other types of medical malpractice
If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury resulting from one of these occurrences, an experienced catastrophic injury lawyer can review the facts of your accident and explain all of your legal options in clear and easy-to-understand terms.
TYPES OF CATASTROPHIC INJURIES SUFFERED IN A SERIOUS ACCIDENT
Serious accidents, including accidents that occur on the job, can lead to catastrophic injuries and other damages. In addition to requiring significant medical treatment and therapy, victims of catastrophic injuries may also have to miss significant amounts of time from work in order to recover from their injuries and receive the treatment that they need to get better. Some common types of catastrophic injuries that individuals may suffer in a serious accident include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries (also known as TBIs), including a concussion, loss of consciousness, and coma
- Spinal cord injuries can lead to paralysis and which may require lifetime care at a nursing home or assisted living facility
- Broken bones and fractures that require surgical procedures to repair and often long periods of physical and/or occupational therapy
COMPENSABLE DAMAGES IN MISSOURI CATASTROPHIC INJURY CASES
In order to recover compensation for catastrophic injuries suffered in a serious accident, the accident victim must ordinarily prove that the defendant was negligent (i.e., that he or she acted unreasonably under the circumstances), that he or she was injured, and that the injuries resulted from the negligent act or acts of the defendant. In addition to recovering medical expenses, surgical costs, and lost wages associated with a catastrophic injury, accident victims may also recover compensation for:
- Lifetime care costs
- Loss of earning capacity
- Long-term pain and suffering
- Mental distress and emotional anguish
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of use of a body party
- Loss of spousal companionship or family support
SPEAK WITH A CATASTROPHIC INJURY LAWYER TODAY
If you or a loved one has been catastrophically injured in a serious accident, the knowledgeable lawyers at the Montee Law Firm are here to help. To schedule a free case evaluation and legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer, please call us at (816) 364-1650 or contact us online to learn more about how we can assist you with pursuing monetary compensation for your serious injuries.
FREE CASE CONSULTATION
No fee until we collect for you.
AUTO ACCIDENT TOPICS
AREAS OF PRACTICE